We're pleased to offer the following services at Dix Animal Hospital:
Our appointment book is computerized, which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come in immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
We have a veterinarian and personnel on duty seven days a week who are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet has. Usually an emergency team consists of at least one veterinarian and several technicians working together to save a pet's life. Emergencies can be things such as accidental ingestion of rat poison, hit by car, and chocolate ingestion. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment do not hesitate to call or come in immediately.
We are also available for urgent care when the condition is not life-threatening. If you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment, our veterinarians will work to "squeeze" you in between scheduled appointments. When you arrive, our receptionists will be able to give you an estimate on how long you may have to wait in order to be seen.
Because a large number of veterinarians practice at Dix Animal Hospital, we can care for many types of pets:
- Pocket Pets*
*Select veterinarians only. Call us for more information.
- Comprehensive Physical Examinations
- Immunization and Parasite Control
- Soft Tissue Surgeries -Elective procedures(spay, neuter , dental. declaw, mass removal) ,complicated soft tissue surgeries -cystotomy ( bladder stone removal), Urethral bypass surgeries (perineal or pubic uretherostomy, scrotal urtherotstomy) , urethral prolapse , pyometra , epipisioplasty Gastronomy,enterotomy( foreign body removal),Ear surgeries( Ear hematoma , Lateral ear canal resection, Total ear canal resection and bulla ostetomy , Ventral Bulla osteotomy and Ear crop), Salivary gland resection,Splenectomy, Liver lobe resection , Hernia( umbilical,inguinal , perineal & diphtagmatic hernia repair), nephrotomy ,Anal gland saculectomy. chest and feeding tube placement.
- Orthopedics and Rehabilitation--Dr Chadha has a lots of experience in performing most of orthopedic procedures like Luxating patella, Cruciate repair, FHNO and fracture repair. For more Complicated procedure such as Total hip replacement etc we can call in a board certified surgeon.
- Radiology - we have a state of the art high definition Heska cuattro digital system .With this system we are capable of detecting even minute changes which was not possible with traditional system. When needed we can send theses images to a board certified radiologist for a second opinion.( digital images telemedicine)
- Ultrasound - We have capabilities to perform a complete abdominal ultrasound with boarded radiologist interpretation.
- Diagnostic services -We have a full in house Idexx lab . In emergency we are capable of performing most of diagnostic test in house.For more complex test we can send it to Antech on of the world leader in diagnostic labs with a tun around of 1-3 days.
- Nutritional Counseling -We carry full range of Science diet Hills and purina theraputic diets.
- Pet Meds- Full in house pharmacy.
- Health Certificates
- Euthanasia and Cremation Services
- Routine and therapeutic bathing services
- Professional grooming
- Nail trimming
- Ear cleaning and plucking
- Sanitary clip
- Anal gland expression
Dix Animal Hospital offers discounted services to senior citizens, active military, veterans and local area rescue groups. Pre-approval is required to qualify for the rescue group discounts, please call us for more information. We also offer multiple pet discounts. New client first office visit is 50% off! We also offer various vaccine packages.